教师节结束后,收到了我老师们的一些回应,有人收到礼物后感动无比,也有人收到礼物后没有反应(虽然有些人会说没有反应也是一种反应)。
指导过我得奖短片的老师,Miss Liu,收到礼物最激动。很难想象她会有这么感动地反应。我永远记得我和组员曾经蹲在他的办公室里花了六个钟头,一边被她骂得狗血淋头,一边忍着饥饿地重写我们的剧本。虽然那份回忆不堪回首,可是我也无法忘记她也陪我们挨饿六个钟头,刻苦地帮我们完成我们的作品。她的电邮写说:"Dear Janice, I'm more than pleasantly surprised to receive your card. I'm touched by your sentiments; you make me want to teach again [well almost]! Thank you! And of course I remember you -- how could you think otherwise? You're not only n my FYP group with Yiting and Vivian, you are also the writing talent who won a third? prize in MDA's scripting competition. I hope you've kept up with your writing although I know regular work can be overwhelming at times. Glad to know you're a teacher in the making. It is an energy-sapping job but it does have its rewards, mostly in the form of grateful notes or a word of thanks from students. It's especially nice when you're fondly remembered by ex-students!...(省略掉)ps: your lovely card now takes pride of place on my office cork board."
指导过我得奖短片的老师,Miss Liu,收到礼物最激动。很难想象她会有这么感动地反应。我永远记得我和组员曾经蹲在他的办公室里花了六个钟头,一边被她骂得狗血淋头,一边忍着饥饿地重写我们的剧本。虽然那份回忆不堪回首,可是我也无法忘记她也陪我们挨饿六个钟头,刻苦地帮我们完成我们的作品。她的电邮写说:"Dear Janice, I'm more than pleasantly surprised to receive your card. I'm touched by your sentiments; you make me want to teach again [well almost]! Thank you! And of course I remember you -- how could you think otherwise? You're not only n my FYP group with Yiting and Vivian, you are also the writing talent who won a third? prize in MDA's scripting competition. I hope you've kept up with your writing although I know regular work can be overwhelming at times. Glad to know you're a teacher in the making. It is an energy-sapping job but it does have its rewards, mostly in the form of grateful notes or a word of thanks from students. It's especially nice when you're fondly remembered by ex-students!...(省略掉)ps: your lovely card now takes pride of place on my office cork board."
两天后,我的编剧老师Mr Seah也捎来感谢电邮:"Dear Janice, Thank you very much for the card and arm rest. The rest will definitely come in useful. I get tired very easily especially if I do any Mediacorp scripts... It’s good to know that your colleagues think highly of your writing ability. Developing all types of writing skills can be helpful to the writer...(省略掉) Again, thanks for they gift and the kind words in your card."
比较失望的是我的歌唱老师,石康军,一点直接的表示都没有。我一直不知道他有没有收到礼物。不过,因为我有附上回邮地址,所以物品既然没有被寄回我家,那我猜他已经收到礼物了。而且他后来在学校的网站上答谢了所有送他教师节礼物的人。也许,他还觉得自己是偶像,把教师节礼物当成是歌迷送的礼物,所以没想过应该各别谢过每一个送礼的人。我只能说长得这么帅的人,欠缺了些基本礼貌,有点可惜。
以学生对老师的谢意,我想做的,能做的,都表态了,问心无愧。有反应也好,没反应也罢,至少我让了别人有了微笑的理由,而我也享受了随着给予而来的欢乐。
以学生对老师的谢意,我想做的,能做的,都表态了,问心无愧。有反应也好,没反应也罢,至少我让了别人有了微笑的理由,而我也享受了随着给予而来的欢乐。
2 comments:
If I may add, human professions like teaching (and nursing, doctors, paramedics, social workers etc); their greatest rewards are in the difference that u have made for someone through the work u do with them. N the thing is, it may not even be something u urself think is important, yet the person (student for this matter)may feel it is a life changing experience.
Just like how these teachers have affected ur development, hopefully u can continue to affect others u teach in the future in positive ways. Someday, u will receive the same gratitude from others. Actually, u also have got it la, like the ex student from Canossa who writes to u. lol..
She stopped writing to me years ago lah. The correspondence went on for like 3 years after I left Canossa, so that's already quite nan de lor.
It's too ideal to say that the greatest reward is the job itself la. We want recognition too!!!
Post a Comment