Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Wanna Be Around



I wanna be around to pick up the pieces
When somebody breaks your heart
Some somebody twice as smart as I

A somebody who will swear to be true
As you used to do with me
Who'll leave you to learn
That mis'ry loves company, wait and see

I mean, I wanna be around to see how he does it
When he breaks your heart to bits
Let's see if the puzzle fits so fine

And that's when I'll discover that revenge is sweet
As I sit there applaudin' from a front-row seat
When somebody breaks your heart
Like you, like you broke mine
###

I have been lusting after the OST of "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" for more than 10 years. It has been especially hard to find since the movie was a flop and I don't think it was ever shown in Singapore. I bought it for "This Time the Dream's on Me" but have since discovered other gems on this marvellous album. This is one of them. I just love revenge songs! I always believe the best form of revenge is watching someone fall spectacularly through the hands of others, cos if this person fucked up your life, he/she most certainly didn't stop just at you. Such people experience relish bullying others, so there will come a time when someone else tougher than them destroys them. Then you didn't even need to lift a finger.

Tony Bennett is a legend in the jazz world apparently, having performed since 1949. He is 88 today.

No comments: