Today marks my 6th year in SIM, a place where I didn't expect to make it beyond 3 months. The pace was fast and there were so many programmes, media channels, regional markets and people names to remember. I remembered my manager scolding me in her room cos she felt I didn't live up to her expectations. I had to go to the loo to cry my eyes out after that, and she bumped into me when I got out. I remembered sitting at the bus stop after 8pm wondering if I had been a fool giving up a comfy life in the prev company to jump into this black hole.
Obviously I wasn't. The best thing about being here long enough is understanding how the system works, and working with it... not against it. Of course there are still moments of conflicts and distress but you know it's part of the job and it will soon be over. My greatest gift here are the people I spend hours with. I have a really nice and tight team of colleagues and we laugh so much everyday. I appreciate that we look after and look out for one another -- something which doesn't happen easily in the workplace. I've worked with meanies, bitches and witches, to know that angels are a godsend. So thank you to my angels at work, and happy work anniversary to me :)))
No comments:
Post a Comment