Saturday, September 20, 2008

Recurring Dream

Recently, I have a recurring dream of being pregnant, not knowing how and when. Suddenly I was pregnant, and not at all happy or sad. In the dream, the father is not a husband or lover. If he appears, he is a stranger who never expresses to marry me, but will be there for me nonetheless. In the dreams, the child is never born.

In freudian theory, dreams are a figment of our subconsciousness, and hold the key to our hidden desires. So what does my dream mean?

I did a web search. Here's what it says.

"
Pregnancy is one of the most powerful experiences any woman can face. A woman's body changes enormously during childhood and adolescence, but to meet such enormous physical, personal and social changes as an adult is a huge challenge. A woman's dreams at such a time not only show some of the detailed events that are occurring physically, but also comment on psychological and relationship events and subtleties too. Pregnancy dreams often are metaphors for spiritual or psychological growth. If we are in a period of transition and development, the dreams can represent our change of status symbolically. We are “pregnant” with a new passion or interest in life. We are “giving birth” to a new understanding of ourselves."

Ok I'm having a new career, so maybe that explains it! I'm overworked and stressed out. Wonder if the dream will tell how I'll do in my job or should I keep it?

No comments: