Saturday, June 07, 2014

And so, I bid goodbye to songwriting again

I made the painful decision to end music classes at Millet today. They changed my instructor for the 2nd time in less than 2 years and the new instructor didn't seem to appreciate the song which I was learning to play, which was my self-penned composition. It was clear that she was into rhythm, musical structure and conformity, something which my songs didn't quite have in her opinion. It's not that she's a bad instructor, it's just that at my age, I don't want to waste time and energy putting up with people or bearing issues not worth my attention. Life is too short, and I think I've spent much time and money furthering this interest. I wished I had gone further, and I believed I could have travelled far with my departed instructor. But it was perhaps God's will in putting this to a premature end, for a reason which I will only appreciate much later in life. I'm cried a bit of sad tears today knowing that it will be for the 2nd time in life that I have to shelve my songwriting interests to an unknown future. Someday I hope more people can hear them. I just don't know when.

No comments: