Friday, June 06, 2014

When Someone from the Past Visits

Sometimes when people ask me what I do in my job, I'm at a loss for words. It's like I do everything, and yet nothing at all. I could be said to be a generalist or an administrator, yet there are many who will not be capable of doing my job.

Today midway at camp briefing, a staff from our camp organizing partner came up and introduced himself. He was a student from the RP's DIEM 2007 cohort. He reminded me that I was his JIVE IG advisor n I administered his scholarship application, which he was awarded. He eventually went on to be a proud grad of not just RP, but also NTU.

I never taught him a class lesson or handled his FYP or PP. As club advisor, he prob saw me once a week for 1-2hrs, where I address >100 of them. I left way before he graduated. Honestly I don't rem him at all. And if he never came up to me today, this would have remained a secret.

But for him to come up to me 7 years later, remind me of the work I did, n the difference it made... It was an incredible moment. So thank you, CH, for this little gesture n the huge ripple it made in my heart.

I will remember you.

No comments: